Group Visits at St Edmundsbury Cathedral
The striking Millennium Tower, finished in 2005, is the crowning glory of St. Edmundsbury Cathedral. Completing half a century's work of expansion and development - the new work has lifted the large parish church of St. James to the stature and status worthy of the Mother Church of the county - Suffolk's only cathedral.
OPENING TIMES: Please contact for details.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 1 to 2 hours.
GROUP TRAVEL FACILITIES:
Coach parking nearby, coach drop off/pick up point, guided group tours, evening visits by arrangement, toilets, shop, cafe/restaurant, wheelchair access.
Guided Tours - Adults £4.00, Children £1.00.
email a friend
VenueSt Edmundsbury Cathedral
The Cathedral Office, Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1LS
Map reference: TL 855641 Lat: 52.24426 Long: 0.71643
From the A14: Take Bury St Edmunds central exit. Turn left along Northgate Street. Turn right at the traffic lights onto Angel Hill.
By Public Transport:
From Bury St Edmunds station it is 1 mile to Saint Edmundsbury Cathedral.
Parking : with charge
Accessible by Public Transport : Bury St Edmunds station
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children