Refine your search
Add to shortlist button.
A small riverside country park incorporating the remains of a Norman castle and disused Victorian railway station.
Open all the time
Open all year
TL 769451 52.07673 0.58105
From the A1092: Follow tourist signs.
By Public Transport:
From Sudbury station it is 8 miles to Clare Castle Country Park.
Timetables and information can be accessed via the public transport information partnership Traveline. Traveline allows you to plan journeys from and to a postcode, postal address, town or village, named station or stop, or point of interest.
Call 0871 200 2233 to speak to an operator and plan your journey, or log onto www.traveline.info/
choose your location then simply type in where you are travelling from and to for a detailed trip summary.
- Coach parties accepted
- Disabled toilets
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted
- Guided tours for groups
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Visitor information available in audio format
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children