Extraordinary art created up to 40,000 years ago and what it tells us about ourselves.
Please note: when you click "Book", you will be taken to the venue’s booking system to complete your purchase.
Extraordinary art created up to 40,000 years ago and what it tells us about ourselves.Enjoy a lavishly illustrated talk on the latest discoveries about Ice Age Art and how these reveal the thinking of our ancient ancestors.
The talk includes some portable art and some cave wall art from Britain and abroad. This session lasts about an hour and includes original Upper Palaeolithic (c.10, 000 – 50,000 years ago) object handling.
This is part of a series entitled ‘Our Story’.
* Does not include admission to the Anglo-Saxon Village
* The event is suitable for adults and/or accompanied young people 12 years and over; all must be paying participants.
* Please meet at the West Stow Visitor Centre 10 minutes before session start time.
* This event will go ahead in most weather conditions apart from extreme wind and/or rain (introduction inside).
* Parking: Normal parking fees apply (£3 for the day)
Tickets: £10 per person
Booking: Essential – use the ‘Book now’ button or call 01284 758000
Venue: West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village
This event is promoted by Arnor Heritage Projects.